Reopening The Commonwealth Club
June is Reopening Month!
After 15 months of producing more than 550 live-streamed programs, The Commonwealth Club is inviting you back into its beautiful waterfront home. We're beginning with a series of open house programs featuring art, food and drink, and good conversation.
And don't miss
• "Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of Barbecue," which you can attend in-person or watch on live stream online—but only the people in attendance get to sample the delicious BBQ on our rooftop following the program! Monday, June 28, 4 p.m. PDT.
• "TikTok Star Nick Cho: Your Korean Dad" is in-person and streaming online. Thursday, July 1, noon PDT.
• Nonprofit Local News: Civic Journalism and America's Future" is in-person and streaming online. Thursday, July 15, 3 p.m. PDT.
• "A New Era of Experiential Medicine: From Video Games to Psychedelics" is in-person and streaming online. Wednesday, September 22, 6 p.m. PDT.
More programs coming soon! So stay tuned.
Also see: "Commonwealth Club returning live this summer after year of 'radical changes'" (San Francisco Business Times, June 1, 2021; registration required)
• We follow best practices laid out by the CDC and state and local guidelines.
• All guests, staff and volunteers must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination.
• Masks and social distancing are required indoors.
• Elevators are limited to a maximum of four (4) people at a time.
Our LEED Gold-certified building is designed to cool with outside air, using digitally controlled moveable windows and large ceiling fans. We are deploying additional HEPA filters inside to scrub the air. This is all in addition to increased cleaning of surfaces throughout the building.