The Annual Innovate for Good Conference
After a 2-year hiatus, The Commonwealth Club and the University of San Francisco's School of Management are pleased to reinstate the Innovate for Good annual conference, an event where the intersection of business and social good takes center stage. Join us this year as we address the climate crisis.
In an increasingly digital and global economy, our cities and organizations are at a unique inflection point, where the most pressing issue of our time is how we sustain our planet. As was seen during proceedings in Glasgow at COP 26, public and private entities need to urgently accelerate innovations in energy, clean tech, fintech, and technology in order to address climate change in a way that is both economically viable and socially just.
How are businesses finding new ways to innovate for good in this reality? How are companies and governments partnering to innovate and deliver more sustainable solutions that balance human and environmental values?
The Innovate for Good conference is an annual symposium that brings together founders, CEOs, investors, academics, and nonprofit and government leaders who are taking action to shape a more sustainable and just world.
Welcome: Dean Charles Moses and Professor William (Billy) Riggs
1:1 Chat—Diana Hagan, Co-Founder & CFO, Point Reyes Farmstead Creamery, "The Opportunities & Challenges of Running a Greener Business"
Panel: Energy Energy and Cleantech Innovation
- Yasmin Eichmann, Former COO of Nest Renew / Director of Energy Product Planning & Operations at Google
- Allie Detrio, Chief Strategist of Reimagine Power
- Rob Grant, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Social Impact at Cruise
- Peter Light, CEO of Lumen Energy
- Kate Reimer, Vice President Technology at Redaptive
Panel: Taking a Great Idea for the Planet from Concept to Reality
- Jon & Avery Fisher, Founder of ViciNFT and CEO of Crowdoptic
- George Jacob, President and CEO, Aquarium by the Bay
Panel: Structures + Finance to Solve for Sustainability & the Climate Crisis
- Vipul Vyas, Cleantech Founder and USF Faculty member
- Ravi Mikkelsen, CEO of Atmos Financial
- Cathryn Peirce, Co-Founder and CEO at Carbon Zero
- James Richards, CEO of Evergrow
- Zach Stein, Cofounder of Carbon Collective
- Alex Wright-Gladstein, Founder and CEO of Sphere
1:1 Chat and Harari Award—Surina Kahn, CEO of California Women’s Foundation, "What Is the Role of Women in the Climate Crisis?"
This event is presented in partnership with the University of San Francisco, School of Management. The conference is supported by USF's Harari Initiative, which honors the work of former USF professor Dr. Oren Harari by continuing his mission to bridge theory and practice in the fields of conscious leadership and social innovation.
The Commonwealth Club of California
110 The Embarcadero
Taube Family Auditorium
San Francisco, CA 94105
See speakers in program description.