The Hacking of the American Child
Everyone is looking down—but especially kids. There is something unnatural about a 15-month-old using an iPad to soothe him or herself. Many assume this is just the natural progression of our high-tech society. But what if this is causing us harm? And what if children are more vulnerable than adults? Numerous politicians are calling for reining in of the Internet. Is this necessary? Robert Lustig will answer five key questions:
- Is there such a thing as tech addiction?
- Is it similar to or different than drug addiction?
- Does technology lead to depression and suicide?
- Have our minds been hacked?
- Are children at more risk?
The answers to these questions will provide us with a blueprint to harnessing technology for good.
The Commonwealth Club
110 The Embarcadero
Toni Rembe Rock Auditorium
San Francisco, 94105
All ticket sales are final and nonrefundable.