Guest Services Intern
Here's an exciting opportunity to be in the presence of America's most prominent opinion leaders. The Commonwealth Club of California, America's premier public speaking forum, seeks a guest services intern to work with the guest services department.
The guest services intern is responsible for communicating with members and the general public, ticket sales and merchandise information as well as the processing of these transactions. Accurate and timely entry of this information is crucial to the success of event sales. This position ensures that attendees have a great experience at The Commonwealth Club, ensuring that both members and potential members feel welcomed, appreciated and highly valued.
- Answer the ticket sales' phone and general phone lines.
- Process ticket sales and merchandise orders.
- Receive, sort and respond to ticket and merchandise mail and e-mail correspondence.
- Assist with check-in, will call distribution and walk-up sales at on- and off-site events.
- Coordinate with the membership specialist and box office manager on all work.
- Work with other departments as necessary.
- Minimum of three years experience in customer service.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and databases such as Patron's Edge and Raiser's Edge Strong.
- Cash handling and telephone skills.
Volunteer shifts are available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays.
This is a volunteer position; a monthly travel stipend of $75 is available
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Guest Services Intern" in the subject line.
Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please do not call.
About the Club
The Commonwealth Club of California is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public forum.