The Commonwealth Club seeks a part-time intern to assist its Director of Travel in all daily activities.
What Is Club Travel?
The Commonwealth Club offers our members and friends exclusive educational tours around the world. Travel programs include world-class destinations, guest speakers, and incorporate a focus on contemporary issues facing the people in the countries we visit. To learn more visit: commonwealthclub.org/travel
Duties specifically include, but are not limited to:
• Write, prepare, and/or mail confirmation packets, trip evaluations, trip interest letters, audio CDs, and program transcripts
• Write copy for email blasts including newsletters, trip sales pieces, and event notices
• Prepare reports on trip evaluation feedback and statistics
• Update Club Facebook page with relevant information, articles, and photos
• Field sales calls when Travel Director is out of the office
• Update travel website with traveler testimonials, trip updates, and other content
• Assist in preparing for travel-related events, pre-trip meetings, and Past Traveler Party
• Liaise with trip hosts to coordinate trip reunions
• Maintain current travel information in Raiser’s Edge database
• Maintain our list of study leaders, guest speakers, and consulate contacts
• Research destinations for news articles to disseminate to travelers, photos for marketing collateral, and for potential guest speakers and study leaders
• Research Club print and audio archives for destination-related content
• Maintain in-house travel display and organize Club travel archives
• College graduate, or currently enrolled in a degree program
• Excellent writing skills; ability to clearly communicate to an educated audience of travelers
• Excellent customer-oriented phone communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
• Ability and willingness to handle administrative tasks
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, database programs, social media
• Strong internet research skills
• Positive attitude and fast learner
• Interest in global public affairs
Approximately 12-15 hours per week, ideally spread out over two or three days. The position lasts five months, after which time there may be an opportunity for renewal.
Exposure to the educational travel industry market and the unique aspects of affiliation travel programs. Experience in the high end travel industry. Exposure to regional, national, and international issues and leaders. Networking opportunities and job skills development. Opportunity to attend Club events free of charge. A fun and engaging work environment. One year membership to The Commonwealth Club.
This is an unpaid internship with a $62 travel stipend per month. Our offices are conveniently located at 595 Market Street (at Second) in San Francisco, directly outside of the Montgomery Street BART station
Email cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF attachments) to Judy Tisdale at jtisdale [at] commonwealthclub [dot] org. Please put “Travel Intern” as the subject header. We appreciate all who are interested in this opportunity but will be responding only to those identified for an interview. Please do not call. Thank you for your understanding.