The Commonwealth Club of California is seeking a part time Production Assistant with experience in audio recording, sound reinforcement and video production to assist the Director of Production.
DUTIES will focus on audio production, and also include some video production.
- Recording live public speaking events in a variety of formats including speeches, panel discussions and interviews.
- Running live House sound for these events.
- Audio editing in Protools.
- General stage setups, including connecting laptops to projector displays, microphones, wireless microphones, lav & headset mics, lights, etc.
- Operation of video camera.
- Basic video editing in Adobe Premiere.
- Data entry, record keeping or other clerical work.
- **This job requires traveling to work at off-site events at various venues in San Jose/South Bay areas & Lafayette, as well as work in our downtown San Francisco office.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable car.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy equipment.
- Must have solid experience recording audio and running live sound for big events. Experience in hotel A/V is a plus.
- Must have solid understanding of sound reinforcement, signal flow, microphone setups, recording levels/gain stage, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical problems under pressure.
- Must have good working knowledge of Avid’s Protools software.
- Must have good organizational skills and have experience with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be very comfortable with Mac OS and Windows operating systems. Will primarily be working with Macs.
- Knowledge of video production, camera operation, lighting, editing in Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro is a plus.
This job is 20 hours/week. Pay is hourly at $16.50/hour.
Work hours will primarily be during the late afternoons/early evenings depending on the schedule of events. Sometimes earlier work hours may be needed. The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] commonwealthclub [dot] org with Production Assistant in the subject line. NO PHONE CALL,S PLEASE.