Media/Public Relations Intern
The Commonwealth Club seeks a motivated, bright and organized fellow to assist our director of public relations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a skilled writer looking for hands-on experience and would like to learn journalistic writing. Please note that this person will need to commit for at least six-month period or longer. This position is ideal for part-time or full-time students or professionals looking to learn and contribute to the public relations world.
The Media/PR intern will:
- • Assist the public relations director in all activities.
- • Write media advisories and press releases.
- • Staff high-profile events by assisting with media check-in on Thursdays and Fridays.
- • Interact with TV, print and radio to gain coverage for Club programs.
- • Help to update and maintain press lists and media coverage tracking.
- • Maintain and monitor press clippings.
- • Conduct internet research to identify and contact possible program attendees when needed.
- • Assist with outreach efforts to targeted audiences, placing calls and creating lists.
Exceptional writer. Excellent communication skills and quick learner. Attention to detail. Interest in public affairs.
A monthly travel stipend of $70 is available in exchange for 15 hours per week.
Great contacts, location and background for anyone interested in nonprofit or media-related work, as well as the opportunity to interface with leading figures from politics, media, academia and the arts.
Please send a cover letter, resume and professional writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Public Relations Internship" in the subject line.
About the Club
The Commonwealth Club of California is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public forum.