The Commonwealth Club seeks a part-time intern to assist the Inforum director in all daily activities.
Intern Position Description
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Manage communication with local calendar editors and maintain inforum web calendar postings
- Perform research for creative event ideas and potential guests
- Market specific programs to community organizations to garner attendance at Club events and maintain a record of all Inforum speakers and events
- Create event flyers and prepare materials for Club events
- Meet cool people
Excellent communication skills, good grammar and an interest in public affairs are each necessary characteristics of our future intern. Hopefully you are a quick learner, you pay attention to detail and are willing to engage in administrative tasks.
No stipend is available, but we offer college credit and the chance to acquire hands-on experience at the nation's oldest & largest public affairs forum. This position offers great contacts, location and background for anyone interested in non-profit work, as well as the opportunity to interface with leading figures from politics, media, academia and the arts. We are also conveniently located just outside the Montgomery St. BART Station at the corner of Montgomery and 2nd St.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to: Caroline Moriarity Sacks, Inforum Director, cms [at] commonwealthclub [dot] org; 415.597.6719; 595 Market St. 2nd Floor, San Francisco, Ca 94105
The Commonwealth Club is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public forum.