The Commonwealth Club of California is seeking a full-time Multimedia Director with experience in audio and video recording of live events, along with technical and management skills.
This position is responsible for the operation and performance of the video and audio recording, editing/production, and dissemination of Commonwealth Club programs.
The Multimedia Director supervisors two part-time production assistants and an intern. Together, they are responsible for recording, editing, and posting audio and video from The Commonwealth Club’s programs. The Club holds about 450 programs a year, mostly in San Francisco but with regular series of programs in the South Bay and in Lafayette. Most San Francisco events take place at the Club’s downtown headquarters, though larger events take place off-site at hotels and other larger venues.
The Club disseminates multimedia of its programs via podcast, a national weekly radio program (the nation’s oldest continuing radio program), another weekly presence on several local radio outlets, our website, a weekly television program on the California Channel, and on YouTube and Fora.tv.
• Recording live public speaking events in a variety of formats, including speeches, panel discussions and interviews using multiple-microphone setup scenarios
• Running live house sound for these events
• Audio editing in Protools
• General stage setups, including connecting laptops to projector displays, microphones, wireless microphones, lav mics, stage lights, etc.
• Occasional operation of video camera
• Data entry, record keeping or other clerical work
• Running interdepartmental radio scheduling meeting
• Partner relationship maintenance
• Supervising multimedia staff
• Set and maintain standards of excellence and professionalism in the multimedia department
• Ensure the timely production, editing, and content delivery
**This job requires traveling to work at off-site events at various venues in San Jose/South Bay areas & Lafayette, as well as work in our San Francisco office. Must have a valid drivers license and reliable car.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with colleagues and members of the public
• Ability to communicate professionally with our third-party radio, TV, and internet partners
• Ability to coordinate schedules
• Ability to operate in high-volume, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
• Must be very comfortable with Mac OS, and Windows operating systems; will primarily be working with Macs
• Knowledge of video production, camera operation, and lighting; editing in the Adobe suite of software is a plus
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment
• Must have solid experience recording audio and running live sound for big events that have large audiences; experience in hotel A/V is a plus
• Must have solid understanding of sound reinforcement, signal flow, microphone setups, recording levels/gain stage, etc.
• Must be able to troubleshoot technical problems under pressure
• Must have good working knowledge of Avid’s Protools software
• Must have good organizational skills with experience using Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
This position is full time; your schedule is dependent upon the needs of event programming, and you will be expected to cover all necessary recording and other multimedia needs between your schedule and that of your staff.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Competitive salary based on experience. Full benefits, including 401(k) plan. The Commonwealth Club of California is a non-profit organization.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Multimedia Director" in the subject line or mail to Human Resources, The Commonwealth Club, 595 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.