We are looking for a highly dedicated individual to work in design and production (in print and digital media) for The Commonwealth Club of California, located in downtown San Francisco. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate who is looking to work in a fast-paced, high-profile environment and be exposed to a variety of ideas and influences.
You will be responsible for the in-house design services of the Club and other duties as assigned by the vice president of media & editorial.
• Design, layout, production, and interaction with printer for the Club’s bimonthly magazine, The Commonwealth.
• Design, layout, and production of the Club’s travel brochures.
• Design, layout, and production of materials for Club fundraising events
• Occasional creation of digital images for the Club’s website.
• Additional design work as assigned
• Expertise with Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator
• Familiarity with Mac computers
• Responsible work ethic
• Good team member
• Excellent at meeting deadlines
This is a full-time position; 40 hours per week.
About the Club
The Commonwealth Club is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public forum. The mission of The Commonwealth Club of California is to inform, educate and provoke debate on significant issues of public policy. Since its founding in 1903, the Club has carried out this mission more broadly and thoroughly than any other public affairs forum in the United States. This mission is achieved through the presentation of public lectures, debates, and meetings numerous times each week featuring experts and public figures. While based in San Francisco, the Club holds programs throughout the Bay Area. For more information visit www.commonwealthclub.org.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume and three professional-quality work samples. E-mail preferred: Send e-mail with Word or PDF attachments to email@example.com. Please put “Designer” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview. Please do not call. Thank you for your understanding.